Views:241 Author:Jessie Yu Publish Time: 2018-04-11 Origin:Site
As we maintioned the application of barium sulfate before, here we talk about the main 8 application of our barium sulfate precipitated.
The precipitated barium sulfate appearance is a white, amorphous powder with a relative density of 4.50 (15 °C) and a melting point of 1580 °C. Due to the higher refractive index (1.63 to 1.65), the color exhibited is whiter and has a certain hiding power. At present, 95% of the domestic manufacturers use the Glauber's salt method to produce precipitated barium sulfate. What are the major uses of the precipitated barium sulfate? Let us take a look.
1. Barium sulfate precipitated application in coating
Precipitated barium sulfate for paints, used in white pigments and various types of water-based, oil-based, resin industrial coatings, primers, protective paints and so on.
2. Barium sulfate precipitated application in papermaking
Precipitated barium sulphate is used as a filler for various types of paper and board and as a wood asphalt control agent.
3. Barium sulfate precipitated application in plastic industry.
Used for fillers in plastics such as polypropylene, nylon, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, polystyrene and polyester.
4. Barium sulfate precipitated application in rubber industry.
Used as a rubber filler and rubber product release agent.
5. Barium sulfate precipitated application in cable industry.
For cable rubber booster, cable separator.
6. Barium sulfate precipitated application in ceramics industry.
For the manufacture of electric porcelain, radio porcelain, a variety of industrial ceramics, architectural ceramics, ceramics for daily use and enamel.
7. Barium sulfate precipitated application in waterproof material.
For waterproofing membranes, waterproof coatings, waterproof ointments and so on.
8. Barium sulfate precipitated to produce ultra-fine barium sulfate.
Used for advanced paints, plastics, cable rubber, cosmetics, copperplate paper coatings, textile lubricants, etc